Thursday, September 12, 2013

NLC 1301, Blog Post 1: 09/12/2013

Dear Grandma,
     How are you? Hope everything is well! I miss you tremendously since Sophomore year when you last visited me. I always think of you daily. I wish you were here with me now, to experience my last year of high school. I feel so grown up now that in less than 1 year, I will head off to college. My school schedule is pretty good, however my core classes are challenging. I'm too in the process of trying to join more organizations/clubs.
      Since I didn't do a lot of school service, I want to make the most of my senior year. I would love to look back on great memories. We actually had a fire alarm last week that went off when I was on my way to the restroom. It was so funny grandma, because it was so quiet in the hallway, when suddenly I was crowded with tremendous amounts of people speed walking out the school doors.
But anyways, senior year is starting off good. Send me back tons of letters and write often! Love you!

Best Regards,
Sana Ahmed Abuhandara


Dear Chef Lowrie,

     How are you? Hope your day is going well. Its been about two years since you've last seen me. I'm a senior in high school now. I've been actually trying to find a senior culinary internship outside of school. It hasn't gone so well these past few weeks. I get interviews, but in the end it never works out. I have no idea why, but I keep applying for more jobs.
     I've also been to the counselors office about 5 times since school started. Some reasons are because of class changes, others are because my request for a senior out.  So I guess you can say my senior experience so far is a little hindering. Hopefully it gets better. On the bright side, I did find out that I am applicable for the senior out! And on top of that, I recently applied to Intern for Irving ISD. Since I am a enrolled student of the district, I pray that they are impressed with me, and what I can bring to the table. What I can say that I will love this year, is that every other day I can leave at around 12:00 . Hooray for me right?! If I get hired for this job at Irving ISD, I can work more hours, which is great.

Till next time,
Sana Ahmed Abuhandara


No comments:

Post a Comment